We are a family run oil heating company looking for an honest experienced engineer on a full time employed basis.
You will need the following attributes:
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Effective calm communicator with team, company and customers.
• Fully understand oil heating systems.
• A flexible individual who is happy working on their own but also as part of a team on bigger jobs.
• Are organised, methodical and take pride in your work.
• Excellent attention to detail
• At least one year’s experience in the industry.
• Ready to hit the ground running as its heating season!
• GCSE level English (both written and speaking)
• a full driving licence
• Effective communicator with team, company and customers.
• Ability to win customers confidence in what you do!
• Able to travel within an hour of our base in CB8
• Have the ability to win customers confidence in what you do!
What we do:
The work we do is varied and includes:
• Tank installations (this is physical work and you need to be fit and able
• Servicing and breakdown
• Boiler installation
• Property plumbing and maintenance
• Competitive salary – dependent on experience and qualifications
• 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays to start with, which increases with service
• Pension scheme
• On-going training
• Future career progression
• Employed basis
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for info or to apply with your full CV.
Please do not apply for this position if you are not experienced.
We are an equal opportunities employer, the only thing you are judged on is can you do the job?
Keeping your oil storage tank in tip top condition is a must priority to follow the environment rules and regulations. However, oil spills are still occurring all over the UK affecting over 3,000 individual cases. There are things you can do however to help to prevent these incidents from happening, you must always make sure that your oil storage tank is installed correctly, and it is inspected regularly by OFTEC Technicians.
You must also make sure that any damages to the tank or faulty equipment is dealt with promptly by a professional and any spills are dealt with promptly, failure to do this could cost thousands if the leak gets into the watercourse and soil etc.
What steps to take next…Check your insurance: In most cases, when you check your home insurance, it will cover the costs for replacing any oil lost through a spillage. However, this will NOT cover the environmental investigation and clean-up for your land or if the surface or groundwater within has been polluted. You will also need to check your insurance for any eventuality that the spillage affects your neighbouring land, there could be restrictions within the policy as well.
We recommend that you check with your insurance company what they cover, and what they exclude or if there are any restrictions. Pollution and contamination incidents can sometimes be excluded completely but are more commonly included with a financial limit and cover restrictions, such as the damage being caused by a sudden and identifiable incident, rather than a gradual leak or as a result of wear and tear or lack of maintenance.
Where to go if you do have an oil leak….If you need help with an oil leak, or should you experience any issues with your oil storage tank, please contact us directly and we will be happy to help. Email email@example.com or call 01440 820267.
If you are looking to purchase a new oil tank or looking to replace an existing one, you must firstly make sure that you are complying with the latest regulations, you can find these through Oftec or building regulations via the link below.
When choosing the right tank for you, we can help you throughout the process with the following:
- Checking the environment for where you would place your tank.
- Check the base is right: Building Regulations advise that all oil tanks need to be installed on a stable and level base which extends a minimum of 300m past the widest point of the tank.
- Installation of the tank: We can assist with the installation to make sure this is done correctly to go alongside your warranty and to also reduce any future issues or risks.
- Removing your old tank safely and efficiently under the correct license.
When looking for a new oil tank it is important to check the environment around where it will be placed as any issues may affect where you can put your tank even in the existing position. The positioning of your oil tank must comply with the latest Building Regulations first, so it is best to check these before any further action is taken. It is also a good idea to have your tank installed in a place where you can keep an eye on it. At this moment in time, oil theft is on the rise, so it is important to keep a close on this.
If you are unsure of where to put your oil tank, then please get in touch with us and we will be happy to assist further.
Join our mailing list - for useful info & news
We have come up with some quick tips to help keep your tank maintained during the summer season… Visually check your tank regularly for rust, splits, cracks, a strong oil smell, uneven base etc.Keep vegetation cut back and do not allow it to grow around your oil tank...
The new legislation's and how we plan to protect you In these uncertain times and with the new guidelines and restrictions that have been put into place through the Government in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we wanted to reassure you that we are taking...
We understand the safety and needs of our customers during this difficult time. So here at Suffolk Oil Solutions we are always happy to offer a 24/7 call out for oil leaks and boiler breakdowns. See if you are in our working area.
An opportunity has arisen for a local trustworthy organised person with a superb attention to detail to work 30 hours per week from our Wickhambrook based office. Suffolk Oil Solutions Limited is an Oil heating Specialist company who are seeking an Administrator to...
Click here to view
We are looking for a local trustworthy person with a full driving licence to work from our Wickhambrook based business (CB8 8UN). The role includes: boiler servicing, breakdowns, installs and tank installs. Salary negotiable to the right person with a company van and...
Our positive feedback and reviews speak volumes. Why not check us out here!
Suffolk Oil Solutions Services
our area covers much of: Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambs, Essex, and Herts Check you are in our service area here