We are a family run oil heating company looking for an honest experienced engineer on a full time employed basis.
You will need the following attributes:
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Effective calm communicator with team, company and customers.
• Fully understand oil heating systems.
• A flexible individual who is happy working on their own but also as part of a team on bigger jobs.
• Are organised, methodical and take pride in your work.
• Excellent attention to detail
• At least one year’s experience in the industry.
• Ready to hit the ground running as its heating season!
• GCSE level English (both written and speaking)
• a full driving licence
• Effective communicator with team, company and customers.
• Ability to win customers confidence in what you do!
• Able to travel within an hour of our base in CB8
• Have the ability to win customers confidence in what you do!
What we do:
The work we do is varied and includes:
• Tank installations (this is physical work and you need to be fit and able
• Servicing and breakdown
• Boiler installation
• Property plumbing and maintenance
• Competitive salary – dependent on experience and qualifications
• 28 days paid holiday including bank holidays to start with, which increases with service
• Pension scheme
• On-going training
• Future career progression
• Employed basis
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for info or to apply with your full CV.
Please do not apply for this position if you are not experienced.
We are an equal opportunities employer, the only thing you are judged on is can you do the job?
Keeping your oil storage tank in tip top condition is a must priority to follow the environment rules and regulations. However, oil spills are still occurring all over the UK affecting over 3,000 individual cases. There are things you can do however to help to prevent these incidents from happening, you must always make sure that your oil storage tank is installed correctly, and it is inspected regularly by OFTEC Technicians.
You must also make sure that any damages to the tank or faulty equipment is dealt with promptly by a professional and any spills are dealt with promptly, failure to do this could cost thousands if the leak gets into the watercourse and soil etc.
What steps to take next…Check your insurance: In most cases, when you check your home insurance, it will cover the costs for replacing any oil lost through a spillage. However, this will NOT cover the environmental investigation and clean-up for your land or if the surface or groundwater within has been polluted. You will also need to check your insurance for any eventuality that the spillage affects your neighbouring land, there could be restrictions within the policy as well.
We recommend that you check with your insurance company what they cover, and what they exclude or if there are any restrictions. Pollution and contamination incidents can sometimes be excluded completely but are more commonly included with a financial limit and cover restrictions, such as the damage being caused by a sudden and identifiable incident, rather than a gradual leak or as a result of wear and tear or lack of maintenance.
Where to go if you do have an oil leak….If you need help with an oil leak, or should you experience any issues with your oil storage tank, please contact us directly and we will be happy to help. Email email@example.com or call 01440 820267.
Join our mailing list - for useful info & news
Click here to view
We are looking for a local trustworthy person with a full driving licence to work from our Wickhambrook based business (CB8 8UN). The role includes: boiler servicing, breakdowns, installs and tank installs. Salary negotiable to the right person with a company van and...
Our positive feedback and reviews speak volumes. Why not check us out here!
Essential Checks for your Oil Tank this Winter Check your oil tank now! “The Environment Agency is urging people to check their storage tanks for leaks to protect the environment and reduce the risk of potentially large financial losses.” This is a real risk to both...
See these handy Oftec guides for homeowners: https://www.oftec.org/consumers/consumer-home-guides
Suffolk Oil Solutions Services
our area covers much of: Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambs, Essex, and Herts Check you are in our service area here